Brian's Education And Skills
Brian spent October 1986 to June 1989 at the University of Hull.
Whilst there he achieved a 2i Special Honours Degree (B.Sc.) in Computer Science.
His course project was called Parallel Logic Programming Languages: An Investigation
which involved writing a 140 page thesis.
Formal Training and Skills
Brian gains most of his knowledge through active research, participation in Beta
Test programs and technology usage in the field.
However he has been on a number of formal training courses over the years. These
Other areas of Brian's knowledge/skills include:
- SQL Server programming and administration, 2009
- Technical demo delivery training delivered as a closed course at the Microsoft campus,
- Presentation skills training delivered as a closed course at the Microsoft campus,
- Borland Delphi Programming, three day course, 1994
- Microsoft Visual Basic Programming, five day course, 1994
- Novell AppWare Programming, three day course, 1994
- C++ programming, one week course, 1992
- Presentation skills one day course, 1992
- Effective telephone communication skills, one day course, 1992
- Microsoft Windows Application Programming, one week course, 1991
- Degree courses included: Algorithm Design, Computer Graphics, Database Methods,
Programming Languages, Software Engineering, Structured Programming
- Programming languages:
- Object Pascal
- Visual BASIC
- Operating Systems & Platforms
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft .NET
- Apple OS X
- Apple iOS
- Google Android
About Brian Long
Go back to the top of this page